At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are redefining marketing services by putting the customer at the center of our world. As we define a new business category, the Customer Data Accelerator, we turn the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out. Our customer data-first approach strengthens, expands and enhances our clients’ relationships with their customers, and is built around the core data disciplines that are required for marketing success in the digital age: collection, organization, activation, enrichment, and optimization.
Our results-oriented culture is built on a diverse set of skills possessed by a collaborative and forward-thinking team who are hungry to deliver solutions to tough problems, working with our clients to achieve new marketing milestones.
We are looking for innovative minds and team players to join our growing team, with offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
The Technical Project Manager is Actable’s key client-facing role for our strategic accounts for day-to-day delivery. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the time, efficient, successful, and profitable deployment of promised scope. This person will lead ongoing communications with our clients and internal stakeholders on strategic accounts. This person will partner with Executives, Strategists, Account Managers Developers, and Analysts to traverse the last mile of digital transformation – real-time, cross-channel, customer experiences. Specific responsibilities include:
- Understand and document project scope for both short duration projects and ongoing retained clients.
- Develop & ensure follow-through upon project plans for each of Actable’s strategic accounts.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Assign key tasks to the appropriate personnel and ensure clarity of the request and context.
- Ensure timely delivery of promised action items and client deliverables.
- Facilitate internal and external communication, including but not limited to internal project meetings, client meetings, email communication, and Slack correspondence.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented project manager who can not only be focused on the tasks that need to be done, but understand the context and consult with key client stakeholders. This person should have outstanding communication skills – written & verbal. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable presenting complex recommendations to client stakeholders – with the support of a broad team of experts. This person likely has 6+ years of experience in digital marketing services, with consulting experience highly desired. They should be comfortable both in short-term projects and longer-term retainers. Specifically, desirable experience includes:
- Project management experience among global client stakeholders.
- Past collaboration with cross-functional client teams, including external agencies, consultancies, and other system implementers.
- Hands-on Implementation experience with one or more CDPs including but not limited to Lytics, Segment Personas, mParticle, Simon Data, ActionIQ, Blueshift, or other major multi-channel marketing tools.
- Hands-on experience with projects involving large volumes of customer data in Google Cloud, Snowflake, AWS, and client enterprise data warehouses & data lakes.
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods. This might include waterfall project planning, agile processes, and more.
- Extraordinary time management and organizational skills and experience creating frameworks for others in this area.
- Ability to anticipate roadblocks, challenges and other impediments to project success, and the personal accountability to overcome these obstacles.
Nice to have:
As an early-stage company, all of our employees should be flex players, bringing special skills beyond their core competencies that help them go ‘above and beyond’ in their contributions. As such, there are some experiences that would differentiate the ideal candidate:
- Identifying key projects for future client growth and development
- Hands-on experience in marketing services, with a context for how customer data might be deployed.
- PMP or other relevant certifications.
- Resource planning experience including measuring staff burn, utilization, and project profitability vs. hard and soft costs.
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage, high-growth business to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the future of marketing, and that they themselves possess the intellect and drive necessary to deliver that future. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey
Additionally, since we are spread between locations, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in Portland, OR but New York City, or a remote candidate may be suitable alternatives for the right candidate. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical / dental / vision benefits.