At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are reinventing how marketing gets done. We are building a new category that we call the “customer data agency,” and we are looking for exceptional people to join us on that journey. As a business, we help clients collect, organize, activate, enrich, and optimize their customer data to drive business results. We are turning the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out with a focus on the customer first and working with our clients to build and orchestrate engagement strategies that strengthen, expand and enhance their relationships with their customers. We have offices in New York City and Portland, OR, and if you want to know more, read on.
The Strategist is Actable’s key client-facing role. The Strategist is responsible for client adoption of 1st party data-driven strategies. This person will partner with developers, analysts, and coordinators to make sure we perform the last mile of digital transformation – real-time, cross-channel, customer experiences. As such, their responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead day-to-day client engagements
- Develop and clarify client business objectives / requirements
- Understand and simplify complex data environments into easy-to-understand themes and visualizations
- Recommend 1st party data-driven marketing strategies that can be implemented practically
- Build audiences from first party data in a wide variety of tools using Boolean logic and a detailed understanding of client data
- Deploy audiences into client marketing channels such as Facebook, Google Ads, Email providers, websites, and more
- Drive ROI on our client’s systems
- Oversee a cross-functional team to ensure clients business objectives are met
- Develop reporting to show progress with client 1st party data initiatives
- Produce documentation – client-facing & internal that helps Actable to scale as a business by fostering great client relationships.
Our candidate is a well-rounded digital marketing expert. This person likely has 5-8 years experience in digital marketing services, with agency experience highly desired. This person should be comfortable both in short-term projects and longer-term agency retainers. Key experiences we need to see:
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Ability to turn customer data into marketing action and an understanding of how to measure it
- Experience with one or more CDPs including but not limited to: Lytics, Segment Personas, Tealium AudienceStream, mParticle, AgilOne, SimonData, Quero, Salesforce, Adobe. Experience with many other marketing technologies may be a suitable substitute for the right candidate.
- Experience in more than one digital marketing channel: site personalization, email, digital advertising (SEM, display, programmatic), and mobile app development
- Reporting in Google Analytics
- Outstanding communication skills
- Must be able to accommodate overnight travel 20-30% of the time.
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage start-up to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the inevitable future of marketing. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey.
Additionally, since we are spread between locations and travel frequently, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in Portland, OR but NYC may be suitable alternatives for the right candidate. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical /dental/ vision benefits.