At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are redefining marketing services by putting the customer at the center of our world. As we define a new business category, the Customer Data Agency, we turn the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out. Our customer-first approach strengthens, expands and enhances our clients’ relationships with their customers, and is built around the core data disciplines that are required for marketing success in the digital age: collection, organization, activation, enrichment, and optimization.
Our results-oriented culture is built on a diverse set of skills possessed by a collaborative and forward-looking team who are hungry to deliver solutions to tough problems, working with our clients to achieve new marketing milestones.
We are looking for innovative minds and team players to join our growing team, with offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Solutions Engineer who will be responsible for working directly with clients to design and implement technical solutions to business problems. More specifically, the Solution Engineer will interact with a variety of client stakeholders to define requirements, configure MarTech applications and source data systems, create custom tooling in Google Cloud, and train client teams to deliver hyper-personalized customer experiences which leverage first party data.
The solution engineer will also contribute to Actable’s service and data product offering, providing feedback to facilitate product and process improvements as well as material code contributions. The preferred candidate should be based in Portland, OR or New York City. However, remote roles will be considered for exceptional candidates.
- Customer Data Platform Implementation: Assist our clients in taking a step towards digital transformation, maintaining close customer relationships to ensure that we understand their business requirements and meet their internal deadlines.
- Serve as the primary point of technical contact for assigned clients, communicating via phone, through email and web-based meetings
- Execute technical tasks in accordance with established best practices in a variety of enterprise-level marketing and data tools.
- Identify new ways to use and optimize clients’ existing toolset
- Demonstrate knowledge of client’s data and marketing systems and pain points
- Provide technical assistance to marketing operations teams as needed
- Work on Product initiatives
- 2+ years of technical customer-facing, implementation, support, or equivalent experience
- MarTech (marketing technology) implementation and support work is highly valued.
- Experience with CDPs such as Segment, mParticle, Tealium, Adobe, and Lytics is highly prized. Deep experience in complex multi-channel marketing tools may be a suitable alternative.
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, meet deadlines, and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to achieve consensus and drive results
- Client-centric orientation
- Detail-oriented with exceptional communication skills
- Enthusiastic problem solver and collaborator
- Experience working with data or Marketing technology
- Strong organizational skills
Nice-to-Have Tools And Technologies
We especially encourage you to apply if you have any experience with the following, but it is not required.
- Google Marketing Platform
- Google Analytics/GA360
- Google Optimize
- Google Tag Manager
- Enterprise Marketing Tools
- Salesforce: Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud Functions
- Cloud Build
- Cloud Run
- Other Google Service APIs
- CSS, HTML
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP/XML APIs
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage start-up to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the future of marketing, and that they themselves possess the intellect and drive necessary to deliver that future. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey
Additionally, since we are spread between locations, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary and medical / dental / vision benefits.
Actable's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Actable, our team is our most important asset . We work with clients from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, whose shared goal is to connect with customers in meaningful ways that build trust and value. Our ability to deliver great work to them is rooted in our commitment to a diverse, inclusive culture that is built around the belief that we learn and grow better together.
In building our team, what matters most is that you are yourself when you’re with us. We welcome the unique contributions of our employees and seek to celebrate and support individual voices for the collective benefit of our team and our customers. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.