At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are redefining marketing services by putting the customer at the center of our world. As we define a new business category, the Customer Data Accelerator, we turn the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out. Our customer-first approach strengthens, expands and enhances our clients’ relationships with their customers, and is built around the core data disciplines that are required for marketing success in the digital age: collection, organization, activation, enrichment, and optimization.
Our results-oriented culture is built on a diverse set of skills possessed by a collaborative and forward-looking team who are hungry to deliver solutions to tough problems, working with our clients to achieve new marketing milestones.
We are looking for innovative minds and team players to join our growing team, with offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
The Solutions Consultant drives recommendations for activations and analysis of our clients’ first party customer data. The Solutions Consultant is responsible for the adoption of 1st party data-driven strategies at our clients. This person will partner with developers, analysts, and marketing operations specialists to make sure we perform the last mile of digital transformation – real-time, cross-channel, customer experiences. As such, their responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead the delivery of day-to-day client engagements
- Develop and clarify client business objectives / requirements
- Understand and simplify complex data environments into easy-to-understand themes and visualizations
- Recommend 1st party data-driven marketing strategies to senior client stakeholders (Director level and above) that can be implemented practically
- Build audiences from first party data in a wide variety of tools using Boolean logic and a detailed understanding of client data
- Deploy audiences into client marketing channels such as Facebook, Google Ads, Email providers, websites, and more
- Drive ROI on our clients’ investments in marketing technologies
- Ensure clients’ business objectives are met
- Make recommendations on reporting to show progress with client 1st party data initiatives
- Produce documentation – client-facing & internal that helps Actable to scale as a business by fostering great client relationships.
Our candidate is a well-rounded digital marketing expert. This person likely has 4-7 years experience in digital marketing services, with consulting or marketing technology professional services experience highly desired. This person should be comfortable both in short-term projects and longer-term agency retainers. Key experiences we need to see:
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Ability to turn customer data into marketing action and understand how to measure it.
- Experience with one or more CDPs including but not limited to Lytics, Segment Personas, mParticle, AgilOne, Simon Data, Blueshift, Zeta Global, Salesforce, and Adobe.
- Experience with other marketing technologies that specialize in 1st party customer data may be a suitable substitute for the right candidate.
- Experience in more than one digital marketing channel: site personalization, email, digital advertising (SEM, display, programmatic), and mobile app development
- Interaction with stakeholders across marketing, engineering, and analytics
- Reporting in Google Analytics
- Outstanding communication skills
- Must be able to accommodate overnight travel up to 20-30% of the time. (pending COVID-19 guidance)
Nice to have:
As an early stage start-up, we need to be able to perform a wide range of roles. As such, there are some experiences that would really differentiate the ideal candidate:
- Building visualizations with Google Data Studio, Tableau, Lookr, or similar technology
- Experience as both an Agency Account Manager & Analytics / CRM expert
- Working with raw data in SQL, Pyhton, or R
- Limited experience working with marketing technology APIs
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage start-up to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the future of marketing, and that they themselves possess the intellect and drive necessary to deliver that future. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey
Additionally, since we are spread between locations and travel frequently, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in New York but another Eastern Time Zone city may be suitable alternatives for the right candidate. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical / dental / vision benefits.
Actable's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Actable, our team is our most important asset. We work with clients from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, whose shared goal is to connect with customers in meaningful ways that build trust and value. Our ability to deliver great work to them is rooted in our commitment to a diverse, inclusive culture that is built around the belief that we learn and grow better together.
In building our team, what matters most is that you are yourself when you’re with us. We welcome the unique contributions of our employees and seek to celebrate and support individual voices for the collective benefit of our team and our customers. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.