At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are redefining marketing services by putting the customer at the center of our world. As we define a new business category, the Customer Data Accelerator, we turn the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out. Our customer-first approach strengthens, expands and enhances our clients’ relationships with their customers, and is built around the core data disciplines that are required for marketing success in the digital age: collection, organization, activation, enrichment, and optimization.
Our results-oriented culture is built on a diverse set of skills possessed by a collaborative and forward-looking team who are hungry to deliver solutions to tough problems, working with our clients to achieve new marketing milestones.
We are looking for innovative minds and team players to join our growing team, with offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
The Solutions Architect is Actable’s key technical role. The Solutions Architect is responsible for the technical & operational deployment of 1st party data strategies. This person will lead the technical aspects of data strategy and development for our clients. This person will partner with Executives, Strategists, Developers, and Analysts to traverse the last mile of digital transformation – real-time, cross-channel, customer experiences. Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieving a detailed understanding of client first-party data sets
- Developing and clarifying client business objectives / requirements for custom projects
- Devise & recommend solutions to enable activation of first-party data sets across multiple client marketing channels
- Where needed, develop key triggers and audience exports to client systems
- Guide implementations for various Customer Data Platforms (CDPs)
- Producing documentation – client-facing & internal – that unlocks our internal scaling capacity
- Making material code contributions to technical executions
- Providing thoughtful, meaningful code reviews
Our candidate is a well-rounded solution architect with experience in full-stack development. This person should be highly competent technically, and be comfortable presenting recommendations to client stakeholders. This person likely has 5+ years of experience in digital marketing services, with consulting experience highly desired. This person should be comfortable both in short-term projects and longer-term retainers. Specifically, desirable experience includes:
- Ability to turn customer data into marketing action and understand how to measure it
- Experience working within a modern cloud computing environment
- Exposure to Enterprise data processes, teams, and tooling
- Hands-on Implementation experience with one or more CDPs including but not limited to Lytics, Segment Personas, mParticle, Simon Data, Salesforce, or Adobe (experience with many other marketing technologies may be a suitable substitute for the right candidate)
- Experience in more than one digital marketing channel: site personalization, email, digital advertising (SEM, display, social, programmatic), or mobile app development
- Expertise in SQL & Python highly preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven
- Outstanding communication skills
Nice to have:
As an early stage company, all of our employees are flex players bring special skills beyond their core competencies that help them go ‘above and beyond’ in their contributions. As such, there are some experiences that would really differentiate the ideal candidate:
- Proficient in transforming large data sets into custom reporting
- Data visualization using Google Data Studio, Tableau, Lookr, or similar technology
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage start-up to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the future of marketing, and that they themselves possess the intellect and drive necessary to deliver that future. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey
Additionally, since we are spread between locations and travel frequently, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in New York but another Eastern Time Zone city may be suitable alternatives for the right candidate. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical / dental / vision benefits.
Actable's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Actable, our team is our most important asset. We work with clients from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, whose shared goal is to connect with customers in meaningful ways that build trust and value. Our ability to deliver great work to them is rooted in our commitment to a diverse, inclusive culture that is built around the belief that we learn and grow better together.
In building our team, what matters most is that you are yourself when you’re with us. We welcome the unique contributions of our employees and seek to celebrate and support individual voices for the collective benefit of our team and our customers. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. For more information please email email@example.com.