At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are redefining marketing services by putting the customer at the center of our world. As we define a new business category, the Customer Data Accelerator, we turn the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out. Our customer-first approach strengthens, expands and enhances our clients’ relationships with their customers, and is built around the core data disciplines that are required for marketing success in the digital age: collection, organization, activation, enrichment, and optimization.
Our results-oriented culture is built on a diverse set of skills possessed by a collaborative and forward-looking team who are hungry to deliver solutions to tough problems, working with our clients to achieve new marketing milestones. We are looking for innovative minds and team players to join our growing team, with offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
The Principal Consultant is responsible for the execution of Actable’s consulting-driven engagements. This role demands a commercial mindset alongside a strategic and technical understanding of client businesses and Actable solutions, partnering with Executives, Strategists, Developers, and Analysts to fulfill complex, multi-dimensional projects on behalf of our clients.
Crucial to the role is the ability of the consultant to extract, analyze, and synthesize needs from clients, and to develop and deliver strategic recommendations against those needs that align with broader Actable business offerings and services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with Executive Sponsors to evaluate, plan, and execute consulting engagements to address new and ongoing client needs in all areas of customer data enablement
- Developing project plans, evaluation frameworks, execution plans, and deliverable portfolios for consulting projects in scoping partnership with specialist resources / functional group leaders
- In partnership with specialist resources, developing and delivering solutions and strategies in a compelling, client-centric format, including presentations and workshops
- Managing and owning the tactical delivery of consulting engagements inclusive of resource planning and utilization, team management, and client management
- Providing input and feedback to functional teams on improving offerings / performance
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis is required, in accordance with all recommended pandemic-related health and safety regulations and guidance
Our candidate is a well-rounded professional with explicit experience in enterprise-level strategy consulting. This person should be well exposed to enterprise data management solutions, marketing and advertising technology platforms, and the adoption and change-management challenges surrounding them.
Additionally, this candidate should come with a strong point of view on how to organize and structure information as demanded by abstract needs, using logical frameworks that are easy to communicate and understand. Lastly, this person must be able to engage and inspire clients with exceptional presentational abilities and rhetorical skills.
Our ideal candidate likely has 7-10+ years of relevant industry experience, with 3-5 years in strategy consulting. Experience with software or data solutions experience highly desired. Specifically, desirable experience includes:
- Direct experience leading end-to-end consulting engagements at enterprise level organizations
- Direct experience developing and implementing change management frameworks
- Direct experience building and developing investment cases for recommendations and strategic prescriptions
- Extensive exposure to state-of-the-art data-driven marketing practices in various channels, with a focus on first party data utilization
- Clear understanding of how to turn customer data into marketing action, and to convey those solutions in a compelling format (e.g. presentations, decks, workshops, etc)
- Exceptional cross-functional communication skills, and demonstrated ability to listen to and interpret client needs to internal stakeholders
- Strong background in client management and track record of providing exceptional customer experience
- Demonstrated ability to align priorities and manage complex relationships, ideally at enterprise-scale organizations
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
- Exposure to solutioning in data deployment and marketing platforms including but not limited to CDPs, DSPs, DMPs, Data Warehouses/Lakes, Email Marketing platforms, personalization engines, and reporting suites. Specific experience or certification with the following tools highly preferred:
- Google Analytics/Ads/Tag Manager/Data Studio
- Segment, Lytics, Simon Data, Iterable
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven, with an ability to work in a fast-paced, nimble environment that produces exceptional customer service experiences.
Nice to have:
As an early-stage company, all of our employees are flex players bring special skills beyond their core competencies that help them go ‘above and beyond’ in their contributions. As such, there are some experiences that would really differentiate the ideal candidate:
- Data visualization using Google Data Studio, Tableau, Lookr, or similar technology
- Experience working with an international / cross-cultural group of stakeholders
- Specific project management experience within software deployment/adoption, with an emphasis on client education and up-skilling
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage start-up to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the future of marketing, and that they themselves possess the intellect and drive necessary to deliver that future. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey
Additionally, since we are spread between locations and travel frequently, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in New York City, with any Eastern time zone city being a potential substitute. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical / dental / vision benefits.
Actable's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Actable, our team is our most important asset . We work with clients from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, whose shared goal is to connect with customers in meaningful ways that build trust and value. Our ability to deliver great work to them is rooted in our commitment to a diverse, inclusive culture that is built around the belief that we learn and grow better together.
In building our team, what matters most is that you are yourself when you’re with us. We welcome the unique contributions of our employees and seek to celebrate and support individual voices for the collective benefit of our team and our customers. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. For more information please email email@example.com.