At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are redefining marketing services by putting the customer at the center of our world. As we define a new business category, the Customer Data Accelerator, we turn the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out. Our customer-first approach strengthens, expands and enhances our clients’ relationships with their customers, and is built around the core data disciplines that are required for marketing success in the digital age: collection, organization, activation, enrichment, and optimization.
Our results-oriented culture is built on a diverse set of skills possessed by a collaborative and forward-looking team who are hungry to deliver solutions to tough problems, working with our clients to achieve new marketing milestones. We are looking for innovative minds and team players to join our growing team, with offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
The Group Account Director is responsible for the management and growth of their client portfolio, overseeing all aspects of strategic engagement, revenue, and internal resource management that pertain to their book of business. This role demands a commercial mindset alongside a strategic and technical understanding of client businesses and Actable solutions, and is focused on curating lasting, long-term partnerships to drive growth and expansion.
The Group Account Director establishes an overall client development strategy, and then engages Client Directors, Strategists, Developers, and Analysts to fulfill complex, multi-dimensional projects that are component to the execution of it. The Group Account Director is accountable to Executive Sponsors on their accounts, and has specific responsibilities that include the following:
- Establishing and maintaining deep, contextual knowledge of our clients, their businesses, and the larger objectives associated with their Actable relationship.
- Managing and developing relationships at and above the client level to make Actable visible, present, and available to client company stakeholders
- Managing a cross-functional team to ensure that work plans for projects, and ongoing retainers are delivered at high quality and on schedule as a matter of day-to-day business
- Attaining a detailed understanding of client first-party data sets and use cases relevant to the deployment of those data assets
- Managing deployment and execution of marketing services and products from Actable’s portfolio of consulting, delivery, and data science offerings.
- Co-developing and clarifying client business objectives / requirements for custom projects
- Creation of processes and ways of working for custom projects where there is no prior blueprint
- Development and presentation of client deliverables and communications relevant to existing business and new growth opportunities in partnership with in-house SMEs
- Managing client portfolio against revenue targets and formulating account development plans in partnership with Directors
- Managing up to executives on overall account health and strategic priorities.
Our candidate is a well-rounded client advocate with explicit experience in revenue development at an enterprise level in a professional services company. This person should be able to lead a conversation on the subjects of enterprise data and technology solutions, and demonstrate a strong point of view on related operational and organizational topics, (e.g. digital transformation, software adoption, etc). This person likely has 8-12+ years of experience in digital marketing services, with agency experience highly desired, and is comfortable finding a path to hit goals through both short-term projects and longer-term agency retainers. Specifically, desirable experience includes:
- Exceptional exposure to state-of-the-art digital marketing practices in various channels, with a focus on first party data utilization
- Clear understanding of how to turn customer data into marketing action
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and interpret client needs to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to align priorities and manage complex relationships, ideally at enterprise-scale organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering cross-functional transformation projects with stakeholders across a variety of practice areas (e.g. marketing, IT, product)
- Demonstrated experience in storytelling and strategic visioning
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
- Exposure to solutioning in data deployment and marketing platforms including but not limited to CDPs, DSPs, DMPs, Data Warehouses/Lakes, Email Marketing platforms, personalization engines, and reporting suites. Specific experience or certification with the following tools highly preferred:
- Cloud data solutions, e.g. AWS, GCP, MS Azure & related warehousing technologies (e.g. Databricks, Redshift, BQ etc)
- Google Analytics/Ads/Tag Manager/Data Studio
- Tealium, Lytics, SimonData, Iterable, ActionIQ, Zeta Global, Blueconic
- Experience in more than one digital marketing channel: site personalization, email, digital advertising (SEM, display, social, programmatic), or mobile app development
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven, with an ability to work in a fast-paced, nimble environment that produces exceptional customer service experiences.
Nice to have:
As an early stage company, all of our employees are flex players bring special skills beyond their core competencies that help them go ‘above and beyond’ in their contributions. As such, there are some experiences that would really differentiate the ideal candidate:
- Explicit experience in digital marketing, transformation, or analytics at a major consumer goods, retail, or other B2B2C company
- Explicit exposure to enterprise analytics activation
- Experience working with an international / cross-cultural group of stakeholders
- Specific project management experience within software deployment/adoption, with an emphasis on client education and upskilling
Cultural Fit and Benefits:
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage start-up to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the future of marketing, and that they themselves possess the intellect and drive necessary to deliver that future. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey
Additionally, since we are spread between locations and travel frequently, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in New York City, but Portland, OR may be a suitable alternative for the right candidate. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical / dental / vision benefits.
Actable's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Actable, our team is our most important asset. We work with clients from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, whose shared goal is to connect with customers in meaningful ways that build trust and value. Our ability to deliver great work to them is rooted in our commitment to a diverse, inclusive culture that is built around the belief that we learn and grow better together.
In building our team, what matters most is that you are yourself when you’re with us. We welcome the unique contributions of our employees and seek to celebrate and support individual voices for the collective benefit of our team and our customers. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. For more information please email email@example.com.