At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are building a new category that we call the “customer data agency,” and we are looking for exceptional people to join us on that journey. As a business, we help clients collect, organize, activate, enrich, and optimize their customer data to drive business results. We are turning the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out with a focus on the customer first, working with clients to build and orchestrate engagement strategies that strengthen, expand and enhance their relationships with their customers. We have offices in New York City and Portland, OR, and if you want to know more, read on.
The Associate Data Analyst is the primary enabler of our clients’ customer segmentation strategies and reporting frameworks. Databases are your world. In this role, you will work with marketers’ data warehouses and Customer Data Platforms to write complex SQL queries and leverage that data for customer dashboards and ad-hoc analyses.
- Write the SQL queries that power our clients’ Business Intelligence infrastructure
- Translate the output of those queries into actionable visualizations via reporting, dashboards, and presentations
- Query customer data warehouses and CDPs to perform analyses
- Understand and simplify complex data into easy-to-understand themes and visualizations
- Work cross functionally with account teams to identify requirements and prepare deliverables
Our ideal candidate has 1-3 years of experience in data analysis, with advertising and marketing experience a bonus. This person should be comfortable both in short-term projects and longer-term agency retainers. The candidate has experience with some or all the following:
- SQL (joins, aggregation, and conditional logic)
- Various Business Intelligence software (Tableau, Lookr, Power BI, Google Data Studio)
- Cloud data infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Excel pivot tables
- Translating the rows and columns of data output into meaningful information for internal and external stakeholders
Nice to have:
As an early stage company, we need team members who can perform across a wide range of roles, flexing their skills as required by a high growth environment. As such, you also may have had experience with:
- Data exported from Customer Data Platforms
- Interpreting digital marketing key performance indicators
- More than one digital marketing channel: site personalization, email, digital advertising (SEM, display, social, programmatic), or mobile app development
- R’s tidyverse or Python’s pandas + numpy libraries
- ETL and data pipelining
- Site-side or application-side analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- REST APIs and JSON file structures
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are willing to come to an early-stage company to help us build something truly special, who are driven to learn continuously, and who are excited to have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the inevitable future of marketing. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey.
Additionally, since we are spread between locations, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in Portland, OR but NYC may be a suitable alternative for the right candidate. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical / dental / vision benefits. Note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.