At Actable (www.actabledata.com) we are redefining marketing services by putting the customer at the center of our world. As we define a new business category, the Customer Data Agency, we turn the old, channel-driven marketing paradigm inside-out. Our customer-first approach strengthens, expands and enhances our clients’ relationships with their customers, and is built around the core data disciplines that are required for marketing success in the digital age: collection, organization, activation, enrichment, and optimization.
Our results-oriented culture is built on a diverse set of skills possessed by a collaborative and forward-looking team who are hungry to deliver solutions to tough problems, working with our clients to achieve new marketing milestones.
We are looking for innovative minds and team players to join our growing team, with offices in New York City and Portland, OR.
The Account Director is responsible for the management and growth of their client portfolio. This role demands a commercial mindset as well as a strategic and technical understanding of client businesses and Actable solutions. This role partners with Executives, Strategists, Developers, and Analysts to fulfill complex, multi-dimensional projects on behalf of our clients. Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing cross-functional work plans for projects, ongoing retainers, and overall day-to-day client relationship and communication
- Attaining a detailed understanding of client first-party data sets and use cases relevant to the deployment of those data assets
- Managing deployment and execution of marketing services and products
- Co-developing and clarifying client business objectives / requirements for custom projects
- Develop and present client deliverables and communications relevant to existing business and new growth opportunities.
- Managing client portfolio against revenue targets and formulating account development plans
- Managing up to executives on overall account health and strategic priorities.
Our candidate is a well-rounded client advocate with explicit experience in revenue development. This person should be well exposed to data management solutions, and be comfortable owning a client conversation on the topic. This person likely has 7-10+ years of experience in digital marketing services, with agency experience highly desired, and is comfortable finding a path to hit goals through both short-term projects and longer-term agency retainers. Specifically, desirable experience includes:
- Exceptional exposure to state-of-the-art digital marketing practices in various channels, with a focus on first party data utilization
- Clear understanding of how to turn customer data into marketing action
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and interpret client needs to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to align priorities and manage complex relationships, ideally at enterprise-scale organizations
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
- Exposure to solutioning in data deployment and marketing platforms including but not limited to CDPs, DSPs, DMPs, Data Warehouses/Lakes, Email Marketing platforms, personalization engines, and reporting suites. Specific experience or certification with the following tools highly preferred:
- Google Analytics/Ads/Tag Manager/Data Studio
- Tealium, Lytics, SimonData, Iterable
- Experience in more than one digital marketing channel: site personalization, email, digital advertising (SEM, display, social, programmatic), or mobile app development
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven, with an ability to work in a fast-paced, nimble environment that produces exceptional customer service experiences.
Nice to have:
As an early stage company, all of our employees are flex players bring special skills beyond their core competencies that help them go ‘above and beyond’ in their contributions. As such, there are some experiences that would really differentiate the ideal candidate:
- Data visualization using Google Data Studio, Tableau, Lookr, or similar technology
- Experience working with an international / cross-cultural group of stakeholders
- Specific project management experience within software deployment/adoption, with an emphasis on client education and upskilling
We are looking for people who are willing to come to an early-stage start-up to help us build something truly special, learn continuously, and have fun along the way. This is an environment for A-players who inherently believe that real-time, cross-channel customer experiences are the future of marketing, and that they themselves possess the intellect and drive necessary to deliver that future. The ideal employee must display Actable’s core values on a daily basis:
- We act with integrity, always. We are sincere and honest with our clients and with each other.
- We are relentlessly curious. We like to ask, “why,” we love to learn, and we are never satisfied with “good enough.”
- We love to innovate. We build things and invent solutions and products that our clients need.
- We focus on results, and continuous improvement. We drive incremental revenue for our clients on an ongoing basis.
- We collaborate. We share, teach and learn together. We have a ton of fun along the journey
Additionally, since we are spread between locations and travel frequently, candidates must be comfortable in a high-collaboration virtual environment. Actable has clear guidelines for our expectations in this area. Note, this position is located in New York City, but Portland, OR may be a suitable alternative for the right candidate. Actable will offer an attractive compensation package of base salary, profit sharing, and medical / dental / vision benefits.
Actable's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Actable, our team is our most important asset . We work with clients from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, whose shared goal is to connect with customers in meaningful ways that build trust and value. Our ability to deliver great work to them is rooted in our commitment to a diverse, inclusive culture that is built around the belief that we learn and grow better together.
In building our team, what matters most is that you are yourself when you’re with us. We welcome the unique contributions of our employees and seek to celebrate and support individual voices for the collective benefit of our team and our customers. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.